Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Baby!

SO, if you look at Cake Central RIGHT NOW, I am still in the Most Saved! See?! (Fourth from the left!)




Here's the details...I had bought my adorable baby mold back in January, when I attended the Florida ICES mini classes! So fun! Shortly after, I made my first baby. And it had been sitting in my cabinet since.

But I finally had an excuse to use it! So I sat down and in about 2 hours, made a little bow for her head and a frilly diaper cover up for her booty and then dusted her to give her a more life-like look! This is how she turned out...



So cute, right?! I know, now you want one, or want to make one. You can buy the mold here and start making your very own baby(ies)!

Well, my sister's friend from high school was having a baby shower (for her 3rd daughter!) and they needed a cake...Jessica to the rescue! LOL...You know I couldn't turn that down! I also now had an excuse to buy a lace mold which I've been wanting for way too long! YAY!

I looked online and found an adorable cake from CC member jardot22 that had a quilt-like pattern wrapped around the bottom of both tiers, so I figured I'd give it a whirl. I cut a bunch of squares the night before and drew/made different patterns on each piece. In the morning, I attached each one to the cake individually. I then added my lace and the quilt and baby on the top. I also wanted to put the baby's name on the top tier. I love how it turned out!





I do wish I could have gotten my buttercream smoother, but other than that I was pretty pleased with it! The top tier (6") was chocolate cake with raspberry jam filling and the bottom tier (8") was a vanilla cake filled with strawberry glaze and fresh strawberries. Delicious...the whole thing was devoured at the shower!

Congratulations Bessie and family!

Can't wait to meet your little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment