Friday, February 18, 2011

Makin' Whoopie!

Where should I start? I guess where I left off...Back in December, my daughter wanted to take some snacks for her Christmas Party at school (not to mention I had a cake club meeting coming up). My girls had recently asked to buy the "Whoopie Pies" book, so I figured it was time to try it out!

I made the "Classic Chocolate Whoopie", filled with the "Classic Marshmallow" filling.


I have to say I thought they were delicious, which was obvious to my family when I ate all the leftover ones! However, they were kind of a pain to make in large quantities. I baked almost 100 halves to make the 4 dozen whoopies! And you can only mix enough batter for 2 dozen at a time. On top of that, I also had to make the filling. It was a lot of mixing and cleaning and mixing and cleaning. And if you're like me, that is not my idea of fun. I learned my lesson...I don't think I will make that many at one time again!

But back to the yumminess! For my daughter's class, I rolled the whoopie pies in festive sprinkles to add a little color and texture.


And for the ones for my cake club, I added a mint drizzle to the top.


Either way, they tasted scrumptious!
Like the back of the book says,
" Is it a cake? Is it a cookie? Who cares!"
If you haven't yet, try some out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment