Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Poof...It's Gone!

It has been too long since I posted, so I signed in today to update you all with some of my latest projects. After writing and adding pictures for the last 3 hours, I went to post it, and it all disappeared! So, now you get the short version.

I have been MIA lately because my youngest daughter had her birthday this past weekend! If you know me, you know that I like to DIY as much as I can! I love crafting and birthday parties give me so many ideas and such opportunities! And it also leaves me with no time for anything else, even blogging!

I had decided on a ballet theme party for my now-3-year-old(!) because of her love for all things ballerina. The first thing on my long list was the invites. I had planned the design 2 or 3 months ago, then I got me a little something called the Silhouette! (New obsession starts here.) Jealous, aren't you? I know I was envious after not winning any of the dozen giveaways I entered, at least until I read the winner's blog and realized how deserving they were. BUT I still wanted one and finally talked my hubby into buying it for me!!! Gotta love him! And yes, I started playing with the machine as soon as I got it out of the box!




I made some borders...




Then I cut out some circles, pictures, and the card itself with the words "You're Invited". I added a strip of black sparkly paper to the inside of the card, so that you could see it through the cut out words. Here's how the front of the card turned out...




For the inside, I wanted a simpler design, but still something that would match the theme. This is what I came up with...




I layered another piece of the sparkly paper over the back of the other strip. Then I glued down the beautifully cut pink ballet slippers. The rest of the invite was just the details for the party. I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out and everyone else was impressed too. Of course, I love anything that has my daughter's pictures on! And the rest of the party was too cute...but more on that later!

Yes, seriously, that was the short version! LOL! So...what comes next for me? Thank you notes! I'll be back with more projects and pictures soon...I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment