Friday, August 27, 2010

Label Love

If you've been reading my posts, you'll know I've been blogging about my daughter's birthday and all the fun that I got to have making stuff for it.

Next up.....labels!

I bought two vases and vase fillers (or rocks, in this occassion) at the dollar store and the silk flowers came from Hobby Lobby during their 50% off sale. So all in all, not too expensive. But I wanted to jazz them up a little...this is where my labels came in! I started with the same black sparkly paper that I had used for the invites. I cut out a pretty shaped label using my Silhouette. Then I printed out the words "Liliana's 3rd Birthday" on plain printer paper and cut it out using the same label shape, just a smaller version. I glued the white paper over the black, added pearl adhesives, and let dry. After they were dry, I glued them to a piece of ribbon long enough to go around my vase. Then I attached the whole thing to the vase.

I loved the outcome...


Too bad the camera didn't catch the black sparkles though. Maybe I'll try to get a better shot later!

Here's both of the vases, sitting on either side of my (Yummy!) punch bowl.


Next, I made labels for my favor bags, using the same shape as the labels for the vases. I just changed the words to say "Thank you for coming to my party!" And I used adhesive cardstock, so they just stuck right on the bag. Then I tied a purple ribbon through 2 holes punched at the top of the bag, after adding the goodies (a DVD of Lil's 3rd year, some professional pics, and some ballerina chocolates), of course!


Wait for more sweet treats to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment