Friday, June 4, 2010

Ganache and Raspberries...Yummmeeeee!


My husband's birthday is next week (on Wednesday) and he's treating himself to a week of no work and lots of fun! So, I had made a cake for his work this week so no one would be left out of a piece of birthday sweetness. And sweet is definitely what it was...a white cake filled with red raspberry jam, then covered with whipped ganache and another layer of ganache for some extra chocolatey goodness! Top that all off with some whipped ganache rosettes and fresh red raspberries. You know you want a piece!



Well, I know I wanted a piece! I was patiently waiting all day to see if the hubs would bring me any that may have been left over. Not that I didn't get enough ganache last night while I was making the cake. Let's just say, I licked the bowl clean!



Okay, so I didn't really lick this bowl clean, but I did have my fair share of the leftovers with some strawberries I had purchased in anticipation of extra ganache! And at the end of the day, my dear hubby did bring me a piece of cake, albeit a very small piece of cake. But I still love him! As long as they enjoyed their cake!

BTW, Happy National Doughnut Day! Did you get your free doughnut today?

No comments:

Post a Comment