Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Par-Tee Fore Bobby

Did you get all those golf puns? Par, Tee, Fore. Hehehe!

Well then...My sister, brother-in-law and their friends were having a golf weekend get-away, so my sis decided Bobby should have a golf cake for his birthday on Saturday. I looked through 1,452,396 golf cake photos and found nothing spectacular (I don't mean well made, but how can you make something golf-related spectacular?). So I went the simple and traditional route. What do you think?




It was a vanilla cake filled with fresh strawberries and strawberry glaze, then iced with buttercream icing. When I filled between the layers, I knew I had put too much in there, but I was hoping it would be okay. But after the 3 hour car trip to an Orlando resort, the cake started bulging and the back had filling seeping out. But it still tasted amazing...which is really the most important factor! The flag was made of gumpaste (with a lollipop pole), while all the other decorations were made with fondant. As we were trying to rush out the door I never took a final look at my cake sketch to make sure I didn't forget anything. And oopsie! I forgot the hole around the base of the flag (please tell me you didn't notice!). Besides that blunder, I really had fun making this cake, especially the argyle pattern. Doesn't it look so cute?!



Hope you had a golf-tastic weekend, Bobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment