Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Okay, so I know I'm a week late here...but better late than never, right?! Well, I did say to watch out for my Father's Day crafts and I think I'm done making you wait.

First off, I made a brag board for my dad. My girls are constantly making something for the grandparents and when I saw this idea I thought it would be perfect for him! Now he can just switch up his pictures/drawings from the kids and have something new to look at. I'd love to give credit here for the person that made this first, but I can't seem to remember where I saw it from! But thanks anyway for the inspiration!





Secondly, I was visiting a new-to-me blog and saw her project from last year...an awesome Father's Day frame. As soon as I saw this, I knew what I'd be making for the hubs! I think it turned out amazing, and I'm a little jealous that my hubby gets to see it everyday at the office! Maybe when Mother's Day rolls around again I'll make one for myself! Hehehe!!




Both of these projects were easy and barely took any time (not that they weren't still made with tons of love)!

For the brag board, I just bought a wood plaque and two 2 packs of magnetic clips. I used paint and brushes I already had at home to paint the plaque. After it dried, the hubs screwed the clips on and added a picture frame wire to the back so dad could hang it up. Easy right?

The blog where I first saw the frame has instructions for photo shop users. But I, unfortunately, don't have photo shop. I do however have another photo editing program I use that I downloaded for FREE(!) from here. It may not be as fancy as photo shop, but I like the price much better! So, with this program I went into the editor button, picked my picture from the left sidebar, clicked on the filter button and picked region option. In this area, click on the grayscale and try to get the circle right around your letter. I had to go back a few times to make sure most of the photo was grayscale by reversing the area and filling in some colored spots. If you are going to try this and need more help or explanation, contact me and I'll try to help you get 'r done!

SO, there you go! You now have about 357 days to get this done in time for Father's Day 2011.

Good luck! And have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment