Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Thirties

With my husband's birthday fast approaching, I've been thinking about his party last year. Since my hubby and my bro-in-law's birthdays are pretty close (and since my sis and him were out of town on his actual birthday), we decided to celebrate with a joint party for the guys. They were both turning 30 and they are both interested in history. So, I came up with the idea to have a '30's party...as in 1930's! It was a blast and most people turned up in their best '30's attire. It was awesome and I only wish I had some pics to show you. The only one I have is of their cake...



Nothing too fancy for the guys as I hadn't been decorating cakes long at that point. But their expressions are priceless! And the font matched all the decorations and games I had made. I hope everyone had as much fun as the hubs and I! And maybe I'll find and post some pics that someone else took soon! You can check out a special page for the party here, complete with 1930's slang (which translated the words I used on the invitation).

If you weren't there, you missed out on a hell of a wingding!

No comments:

Post a Comment